Saturday, March 10, 2007

Day One of Toe Surgery Recuperation

What could be better I ask you, than doing nothing but sitting with my feet up, with my laptop, my cell phone, the TV remote and my family to wait on me?

Well, it would be better if pain wasn't involved, but then there are the drugs! And it would be better if there was a better selection of movies on TV.

Yesterday was the actual surgery. I actually don't remember much of it... again the drugs! We left at 7:30 a.m. and were done and home by 5:30 p.m. My foot was numb until about 2:30 today when I started to feel some real pain.

I can't put any weight on it at all, but so far all I've had to do is make the 5 foot journey to the bathroom.

Well, the oxycodone has taken, along with the pain, any ability to think creatively. Maybe I can think of more to write tomorrow.

No comments: